Panasonic WV-NM100 anyone?

Post here to ask any questions about hardware suitability, configuration in ZoneMinder, or experiences. If you just want to know if something works with ZoneMinder or not, please check the Hardware Compatibility sections in the forum, and the Wiki first. Also search this topic as well.
Master One

Panasonic WV-NM100 anyone?

Post by Master One »

I am using some Panasonic WV-NM100 network-cameras to monitor some areas in our building, and I am wondering, if Zone Minder can be used with this device to record and automatic archive multiple camera-signals.

That nice little Panasonic camera has a lot of features, like moveable lense, storeable lense positions, movement detection,... It's video only, so no audio transmission. The output format can be choosen as JPEG or MPEG4-stream.

Panasonic sells a Linux Software, called WV-AS7100, which is exactly for that purpose and intended to run on RedHat Linux 8.0 Professional or higher (strangely I only could find that product-info on the Panasonic Austria website, so that page is in German language), but because I am using Gentoo Linux, and Zone Minder is in portage (the Gentoo software management system), I did not consider purchasing that software until now.

I already searched the forum, but found only one unrelated mentioning of the WV-NM100.

Anyone knows, if that (really cool) camera can be used with Zone Minder?

I can't believe, noone here has a WV-NM100, because it's (relatively) cheap, has lot's of options, and should be available arround the globe.
cordel

Post by cordel »

If you don't want to install linux to see if this camera is going to work with ZM you could download the livecd as it does not need to be installed and see if it works.
The other option would be to PM me or Phil info to access the camera if it is available for access over the net and we can look into some simple low fps captures (don't want to suck up all your bandwidth).
Regards,
Cordel
Master One

Post by Master One »

Ok, I just downloaded the torrent for the liveCD, let's see how this works out. I could give you access to one of my cameras, cordel, if it doesn't work right away, I'll PM you in that case. Thany for the fast feedback.