control

Post here to ask any questions about hardware suitability, configuration in ZoneMinder, or experiences. If you just want to know if something works with ZoneMinder or not, please check the Hardware Compatibility sections in the forum, and the Wiki first. Also search this topic as well.
jameswilson

control

Post by jameswilson »

Hi all again i am trying to connect a 485 dome dennard 2060 to my zm box. I have a dome psu and 232 - 485 converter. My question is in the control device how do i tell it to use my 232 port. I have also adressed the dome as 1 I assume i just put 1 in the control address in zm?

Regards James
zoneminder
Site Admin

Post by zoneminder »

If you have it connected to your first (or only) serial port, that will usually be /dev/ttyS0, though not always! :?

Phil
jameswilson

Post by jameswilson »

i have tried that one after a google search but nowt happens, do i just put a number in the device address, is there a way to test my converter is working etc?
James
zoneminder
Site Admin

Post by zoneminder »

I think the best way of testing is to use the appropriate zmcontrol-XXX.pl script directly passing in instructions from the command line. However testing convertors can be a bit fiddly, I've got a couple I've never got working.

Phil