UK supply of 4 port card and cameras?

Post here to ask any questions about hardware suitability, configuration in ZoneMinder, or experiences. If you just want to know if something works with ZoneMinder or not, please check the Hardware Compatibility sections in the forum, and the Wiki first. Also search this topic as well.
Dirky

UK supply of 4 port card and cameras?

Post by Dirky »

Hi,
can anybody recommend the above please?

I'll be setting zm up on CentOS4 linux, I've had it running in the past
on FC2 but only with network cameras.

I'm looking for recommendations for an internal camera, maybe to monitor hallway/landing, possibly not too much light in these areas, and then a couple of cameras for outdoor use.

This is for a home security setup in my house and possibly as a showcase/demo for future setups.

I'd welcome any constructive comments. I have background in electronics,
computing, linux, amateur radio etc so I am fairly practical, however
I've not done any CCTV properly yet :)

Thanks
Mike
zoneminder
Site Admin

Post by zoneminder »

I used to sell the Spectra 4 port cards here but don't at the moment. However I can recommend them. Other people have posted about other cheaper cards they've bought here but I don't recall where from. You mind find the posts by searching.

Cameras, it just seems to be a question of the specific camera rather than where you get them. Generally the cheaper ones are much poorer image quality. I've bought from Y3K and Maplin in the last year or so, the Maplin one recently so I haven't had time to evaluate yet.

Sorry it's a bit vague :lol:

Phil
Dirky

Post by Dirky »

Thanks,
I did some searching on the spectra boards and could not find anything in the UK?
Mike
JimNoble

Post by JimNoble »

I have one of these:

http://www.wordsworth.co.uk/site/pages/ ... hp?pid=423

Which works very well. They will supply them in the UK.

Jim