whats the best wireless camera for zoneminder?

Post here to ask any questions about hardware suitability, configuration in ZoneMinder, or experiences. If you just want to know if something works with ZoneMinder or not, please check the Hardware Compatibility sections in the forum, and the Wiki first. Also search this topic as well.
Intangir

whats the best wireless camera for zoneminder?

Post by Intangir »

i got robbed last night and am seriously interested in getting some kind of home survelance set up..

i have searched around and have found mostly crappy or incomplete security 'solutions'

zone minder seems to have all the featers i want in the software but i am not sure which what kind of camera to get

i dont have one (a camera) at all yet, what wireless camera do you recommend for zoneminder?
* image quality is important
* frame rate can be slow i dont care
* panning/zooming i could care less about
* not to expensive ;)
Intangir

Post by Intangir »

what do you think of this AXIS 206W
zoneminder
Site Admin

Post by zoneminder »

That would definately be my recommendation. It's in a different league to the d-Link and other clones. If you haven't read this thread yet then that's another opinion also.

Phil
odoa2

Dlink 950g

Post by odoa2 »

I really didn't know where to put this, but I wanted to make sure and post this info in order to keep others from wasting their time too. I just recently purchased a Dlink 950g from best buy and 90% of the camera was trash. The interface does not flow, there are misspellings, it has heat issues and locks up after 3-4 hours (in Alaska no less). And while the camera is beautiful even in low light, the issues just getting it setup are not worth the effort. Dlink told me that the locking up issue was a bad camera. Bestbuy gladly replaced it and 24 hours later I asked for my money back on the second one. - All-in-all please steer clear. Axim here I come.