ebay 1 chip 4 input card

Post here to ask any questions about hardware suitability, configuration in ZoneMinder, or experiences. If you just want to know if something works with ZoneMinder or not, please check the Hardware Compatibility sections in the forum, and the Wiki first. Also search this topic as well.
jameswilson

ebay 1 chip 4 input card

Post by jameswilson »

got a cord from ebay and its detected by linux, but the images captured are all out of sync. I am using a proven pal camera and image just rolls. If i chabge input to ntsc i got a horible but better image (b/w only) Any ideas what to do to help??

James
Baylink

Post by Baylink »

Do you have available a camera that produces NTSC output?

"rolls" is usually a symptom of NTSC v PAL confusion; B&W is usually a symptom of "wrong type of PAL".
jameswilson

Post by jameswilson »

thanks baylink after googling for my capture card i found someone who had just changed card type to 77 amd it worked

I tried that on mine and it works a treat now. 1 Question the chip on the card gets bloody hot. Is this ok for long term use or does it need cooling?

James
cordel

Post by cordel »

It may be wise to but a heat sink on it. I have two cards that have gone bad now over the last year. The 878 chips were not designed for switching as we make it do constantly and working the trasistors like that seems to produce a bit more heat than if you were only having set on one input.
mike87nz

Post by mike87nz »

I have 4ch 1 chip card from Ebay also. Nice price. Hardware configuration
shows it is bt878. How do I change card type to 77amd. At the moment
it displays just as you discribe.
jameswilson

Post by jameswilson »

find a file called modprobe.conf in the etc folder and add a line at the bottom that reads
bttv options card=77
if you have multiple chips of the same type add 77 per chip seperated by a ,