Philips Webcam

Post here to ask any questions about hardware suitability, configuration in ZoneMinder, or experiences. If you just want to know if something works with ZoneMinder or not, please check the Hardware Compatibility sections in the forum, and the Wiki first. Also search this topic as well.
jameswilson

Philips Webcam

Post by jameswilson »

Just playing now and wondered if my philips webcam will work on this or should i give up. I read something earlier about someone falling out with the kernel developers and pulling the plug on his philips drivers
zoneminder
Site Admin

Post by zoneminder »

I think people have got Philips webcams working ok. You need the pwc drivers so if you search for 'pwc' you should hopefully come up with something.

Phil
ma77hias

pwc

Post by ma77hias »

I am using Logitech Quickcam 3000 which basically uses the pwc driver.

older kernels like 2.4 you had to patch in oder to recieve full functionallity, but the patch has been taken off the web. Maybe someone still has it available.

Since kernel 2.6.9 I was able to use my camera without any patching our tweaking, it seems the pwc module is included as standard.
jameswilson

Post by jameswilson »

if i plug it into a usb port and start the machine it fails to boot stalling at startup before x ( i think its still checking hardware) Maybe usb is shot on my machine as memory sticks dont work either