Axis video servers

Post here to ask any questions about hardware suitability, configuration in ZoneMinder, or experiences. If you just want to know if something works with ZoneMinder or not, please check the Hardware Compatibility sections in the forum, and the Wiki first. Also search this topic as well.
Martz

Axis video servers

Post by Martz »

Hi,

I've installed Zone Minder on Gentoo, got it configured and running. I currently have 12 analogue cameras which currently are all connected through a multiplexor.

I was hoping to replace the multiplexor with multiple Axis Video Servers. My requirements are for high FPS video at a decent quality. We'd like to make the most of the investment we've put into the existing cameras, and convert them to IP for digital storage.

My questions are:
  1. Can I use Zone Minder with an Axis Video Server and multiple cameras like I would use it with a real IP/networked camera? Has anyone sucessfully done this? What about multiple video servers?
  2. If high FPS is a priority, should I buy the single channel video servers or the dual/quad servers? It looks like he FPS/quality reduces the more devices that are connected to a single video server
  3. Will the Zone Minder development team write features requested if a company sponsors/pays for that work and effort?
Many thanks for your time,
Appreciated.
Martin.