How to get GPIO lines working?

Post here to ask any questions about hardware suitability, configuration in ZoneMinder, or experiences. If you just want to know if something works with ZoneMinder or not, please check the Hardware Compatibility sections in the forum, and the Wiki first. Also search this topic as well.
mdutka

How to get GPIO lines working?

Post by mdutka »

Hi All,

I'm using ZM with 4-channel DVR card based on BT878 chip. Aside from TV channels, it has 16-pin connector, serving as general purpose digital input(?). It seems that BT chip has some GPIO lines. My question is: how to read states of these lines? Is it possible to use them as, say, alarm/event triggering inputs? Can it be done by ZM itself or should I write some program/script to watch after these lines and trigger event?

Thanks for replies.

Regards, MD
acrid

IVC-100G

Post by acrid »

hi.
more or less same here...
i got a sdk with the GPIO module. all c++ files. and some demo stuff.
i think it wont be a problem to write some stuff that triggers some external device. i'm not sure how fast the "run console command" feature is.
the other problem is to get external signals as triggers for zm. maybe there is some secret ninja technic to get somehting like /dev/gpio ? :)
the next thing that comes in my mind is using sockets with zmtrigger.pl

any suggestions? even some brainstorming would help...

cheers
jameswilson

Post by jameswilson »

hi, did you guys have any luck with this. I am looking for a way to get external alarm events into my zm box. i have read on here about parralel ports etc. maybe a 232 approach would be better and some sort of interface. anyway reason i ask is ultimatly to move a dome to various preset positions following an alarm input??. alarms into the box are my first step