SCPC5XX V4L drivers

Post here to ask any questions about hardware suitability, configuration in ZoneMinder, or experiences. If you just want to know if something works with ZoneMinder or not, please check the Hardware Compatibility sections in the forum, and the Wiki first. Also search this topic as well.
OkieJim

SCPC5XX V4L drivers

Post by OkieJim »

All,
To date I have been unsuccessful in getting Zoneminder to work on FedoraCore 2. Keep in mind I have not tried very hard yet. My monitor just stayed orange and never saw any vidio. I use the spca5xx drivers currently for my X-10 floodcams and the X-10 USB converter the VA11. And it does in fact work. I've tried Zoneminder 1.20.1 using /dev/video0 after compiling the spca5xx drivers into my kernal. I'll try again this week with 1.21.0 to see what happens again. Time permitting. Question has anyone else out here tried this yet?? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I know this setup is not currently supported just thought I'd give it a try to help bring on somemore users. Thanks for reading all of this.
zoneminder
Site Admin

Post by zoneminder »

I have seen various posts regarding these drivers. I don't recall the details but I think people have struggled to get them to work for anything other than trivial applications. Your best bet is just to search the forums.

Phil
OkieJim

Post by OkieJim »

Phil,
Thank you so much for responding. I do plan on continuing my quest. Your right in the simple application for these drivers. I have had success with them and can see the video fine using thier spcaview application. I can also save snapshots and AVI files using the spcaview. I'm not a guru in linux but it does have my interest as does zoneminder.