4 or 8 port cards?

Post here to ask any questions about hardware suitability, configuration in ZoneMinder, or experiences. If you just want to know if something works with ZoneMinder or not, please check the Hardware Compatibility sections in the forum, and the Wiki first. Also search this topic as well.
aris

4 or 8 port cards?

Post by aris »

I've been doing some searching on the forums - but cannot seem to find a defiinitive list of 4 or 8 port cards which work with Zoneminder or V4L.

Is there a 4 or 8 port card which is V4L compatible - and which provides a full 25fps on each port?

I've seen some of the geovision cards - but there seems to be a question as to compatibility with v4l.

Surely someone out there has used 8 ports with Zoneminder who can comment?
curtishall

Post by curtishall »

I sell 4 port capture cards that are 120FPS (30fps per input). These cards can be used with three of the same cards to give you a total of 16 ports @ 480 (30fps / input)
skydiver

I-Tuner

Post by skydiver »

I am using the Spectra Vision 8 from Ituner.com. It is a 4/8 port capture card that captures 120fps. It has 4 bttv chips and can duplex the four ports to provide eight inputs with the purchase of an additonal daughter card.

I had a hell of a time trying to get the card to recognize under Linux (I tried for over a year with three differnet systems, RH,FC1&2 and now FC3) but have finally achivied it by doing a clean fresh install of Fedora Core3 on a dedicated pIV 1.8GHz box. I added an additonal 250GB HDD and mounted it where I have my zm website directory.

I am now trying to find better cameras to feed it since mine have limited night vision and tend to wash out during the bright daylight hours.

Hope this helps. I may have had more problems than others since I am a still a bit of a newbie to Linux. Project like these though are how I learn what is going on and I am steadily decreasing the learning curve.

Scott