Local Video Camera - on TV Tuner Card

Post here to ask any questions about hardware suitability, configuration in ZoneMinder, or experiences. If you just want to know if something works with ZoneMinder or not, please check the Hardware Compatibility sections in the forum, and the Wiki first. Also search this topic as well.
Rayxen

Local Video Camera - on TV Tuner Card

Post by Rayxen »

I have a WinFast TV 2000 XP, which as indicated in the Support page, is supported. Now, i've used xawtv and I get a perfect video stream, no problems there at all. I've dumped the settings.

But when I use those settings in ZM, I can't get a picture. Could this be because my camera isn't supported? I have tried two different cameras, just a standard dome camera and also an AVC 511D - specs here:
http://www.avc.com.hr/eurostar/Artikli/ ... C/511D.htm

It's very similar to this camera, but the Panasonic version:
http://www1.jaycar.com.au/productView.asp?ID=QC3309

I'm just wondering if there's any reason either of these two cameras wouldn't work with ZM? Even though they work fine with xawtv? Thanks.
Rayxen

Post by Rayxen »

I should also mention that i've tried viewing the output in Internet Explorer, Mozilla (Linux) and Firefox (Windows). I just get a standard 'no image' icon (the little red cross in IE) - could it perhaps be a 'viewing' problem with my software?

I haven't installed Cambozola yet, I got a bit confused with the ANT installation, but I might give that another go.
Rayxen

Post by Rayxen »

Ok, good news re: Cambozola. I downloaded the Java SDK instead of JRE (Downloaded the wrong one by mistake), compiled that, exported the variables for the JAVA_HOME etc.. Then I downloaded ANT src, and built that myself (opposed to using the bin previously). So now ANT was running successfully - I built Cambozola with ANT and that also built successfully.

I ran the test server, and the test client. So I've got the cool little Mozilla / Dragon graphic, so it's all working. Now, I have to integrate that into ZM - back to the readme file! I don't know if this is going to help my problem or not though.[/list]
Ruler

Post by Ruler »

As far as I understand things, if a camera works with xawtv it'll work with zoneminder. Both apps simply use the camera interface provided by the video4linux layer. Try viewing the stream as still images - this will tell you whether it's a streaming problem or something lower. (I have a ZM system running perfectly without cambozola through mozilla, but had some difficulty setting everything up right.)
Rayxen

Post by Rayxen »

Thanks for the help, I ended up doing a complete reinstall of Linux and got it all working in the end. Cheers.