PICO2000 and DVR2000 - Help?

Post here to ask any questions about hardware suitability, configuration in ZoneMinder, or experiences. If you just want to know if something works with ZoneMinder or not, please check the Hardware Compatibility sections in the forum, and the Wiki first. Also search this topic as well.
recog

PICO2000 and DVR2000 - Help?

Post by recog »

:) Greetings ... ZM testers ...
Does anyone have experience with the PICO 2000 PCI card and ZM ? From another posting I deduce that the DVR2000 board is probably the same board -- Conexant BT878A, four video inputs, one audio, PCI, etc ..... (NO TUNER -- this is not a TV board ...)

From other postings I deduce people are using the PICO 2000 board, but no one seems to go into detail about it ... It doesn't seem to be on the Video 4 Linux device list ....Am I missing something, or is it under another name ?

I am trying a Chaintech 7VIF4 motherboard which has integrated video, etc. -- Yes it uses VIA components ... Yes it is LOW-cost ... Alternately, CAN anyone recommend another low-cost platform for LINUX work ? How about SOYO motherboards for example ? Should I go to a motherboard with Intel components ? What is more "mainstream" in the LINUX testing world ? I am a LINUX newbie and am very happy to work with these alternatives to Bill's empire .....

Any suggestions or tips ?

Thank you in advance for your assistance ....

PS ... I have experimented with Ross Melin's Live CD installation on an old 4 GB HD now for the best part of a day .... --> Why does examining or changing the configuration require an hour long "parsing" of a certain \usr\... file ???? Also, the "Mandrake Tools Logs" comes up with the "logdrake" activity and churns and churns the HD for another hour ??? Do I need a larger "swap" partition (more than 200 mb ... the machine has 512 mb of RAM ... ) ? A larger "var" partition ? ... I love the Mozilla Firefox but this "configuration" business -- forget it !
Be seeing you ...