DVR2000 MPE4 Card

Post here to ask any questions about hardware suitability, configuration in ZoneMinder, or experiences. If you just want to know if something works with ZoneMinder or not, please check the Hardware Compatibility sections in the forum, and the Wiki first. Also search this topic as well.
mionut22

DVR2000 MPE4 Card

Post by mionut22 »

Hi,

I just got an used capture card but I have no documentation for it. On the back of the card there is a label that says: DVR2000 MPE4 and some serial numbers. The card has 4 inputs and one audio input and has an Conexant bt878 chip.

I have managed to install it on linux (kernel 2.6.7) with insmod option card=77 (GrandTec Multi Capture Card) but the performance is poor.

Can anyone help me out? Is there a better driver for this card?

Thanks in advance,
Ionut Muntean
zoneminder
Site Admin

Post by zoneminder »

Hi,

What do you mean by the performance is poor? Can you elaborate?

If it only has one bt878 on it then you might get 25fps for one input but this would drop to 4 or less if you are using all four inputs.

Phil,
mionut22

Post by mionut22 »

Performance = poor means: for 4 inputs, bw cameras, framerate does no exceed 2.7 frames per second and CPU usage is 98%.

Ionut
zoneminder
Site Admin

Post by zoneminder »

The frame rate doesn't surprise me for a single chip card. Cheaper ones especially are really slow in switching between inputs. I have one like that somewhere.

I don't know why you should be getting 98% CPU use at that frame rate unless you're running on an old VIA type box. Can you post what top thinks is using it?

Phil,
recog

DVR2000 MPE4 similar to PICO2000 ?

Post by recog »

:roll:
Greetings ! ... I have a PICO 2000 card and this "DVR2000 MPE4" card sounds very very similar ... It uses ONE Conexant BT878A chip, seems to have one audio input thru a potentiometer and a jumper (?) .... (It would be great to have schematics for either of these cards ...)

I have installed it with the latest ZMLiveCD from Ross M. and it comes up with one channel... I will try it with the suggested setting here "insmod option card=77 (GrandTec Multi Capture Card)" .... "poor performance" is better than nothing ....

Thank you for the assistance ... ZM looks like a great package if I can figure it out ...
Be seeing you ...