KWorld SEC800 - 8 channels? and what's up with fps/chan

Post here to ask any questions about hardware suitability, configuration in ZoneMinder, or experiences. If you just want to know if something works with ZoneMinder or not, please check the Hardware Compatibility sections in the forum, and the Wiki first. Also search this topic as well.
Doug

KWorld SEC800 - 8 channels? and what's up with fps/chan

Post by Doug »

I have the 8 channel KWorld SEC800 card and it only has one bt878 chip. I've seen the specs on the bt878 and it's a 4 port card so there's probably some multiplexing going on to get 8 channels. What is strange is that there are 4 phyical ports on the card and 4 ports on an extender card( connected by 10? wire ribbon cable ) and channel 0-3 is on the extender card and working while channels 4-7 don't work and are on the main board. Geesh, so even if I can never use this as an 8 channel card, I have to take up 2 case slots to use the 4 channels. If anybody knows anything about these boards I'll be listening.

2nd, I setup 4 monitors for the 4 ports and connected up a 320x288 B/W camera to monitor/channel 0 and could not get any viewable video from ZM. Xawtv and tvtime showed data/video on /dev/video0 but ZM showed white... It wasn't until I dropped the fps on the 3 unused monitors before I was able to see B/W video on monitor 0. Anybody know what gives?