Inline power network camera

Post here to ask any questions about hardware suitability, configuration in ZoneMinder, or experiences. If you just want to know if something works with ZoneMinder or not, please check the Hardware Compatibility sections in the forum, and the Wiki first. Also search this topic as well.
l8nite4me

Inline power network camera

Post by l8nite4me »

I am looking for a network camera with inline power capabilities. Has anyone seen any such thing or if they exist who manufacturers them.

Thanks
l8nite
cordel

Post by cordel »

I haven't seen any inline power network camers. I belive that the wire gauge and current consumtion are not adequate accross a long run of CAT 5 or CAT 6 especialy for low voltage DC over 24ga. wire.. I have seen BALUN's that will pair up wires on CAT 5 for power and use a single pair to run the video signal from a standard CCTV cam but these are limited to about 300 feet or so. Likewise some of the same vendors like Pelco make transivers for coax that will send power through the coax with the video and PTZ signals over longer distances.

Good luck and let us know if you find anything.
Cordel
l8nite4me

Found some

Post by l8nite4me »

A friend of mine sent this information to me, thought I would pass on to everyone interested.

The following Axis camera's are inline power compatible 210, 211, 2100, 2120, 2420

The following Sony camera is inline power compatible SNC-VL10N/P

Coupled with this little device for $199 US is excellent.
http://www.expansys.com.au/product.asp?code=108157
This is a 10/100 switch that mounts in the wall and is the size of a standard wall plate and provides inline power to capable devices.

I have a signed PO to purchase the 2120 and the 2420, I am going to put my order in today.

l8nite
salza

Post by salza »

Axis has just released a camera called 211 with support for Power Over Ethernet inbuilt check out

http://www.axis.com/products/cam_211/index.htm

I think it's safe to bet that they will come out with more products with this feature 8)