WANSCAM HW0045 P2P IP finder - HELP !

Post here to ask any questions about hardware suitability, configuration in ZoneMinder, or experiences. If you just want to know if something works with ZoneMinder or not, please check the Hardware Compatibility sections in the forum, and the Wiki first. Also search this topic as well.
Mikey8s

WANSCAM HW0045 P2P IP finder - HELP !

Post by Mikey8s »

I have an HW0045 camera that I am trying to connect to WiFi. I was able to discover my camera on the IP finder after resetting it, I had completed the first part of the task by entering my WiFi info and my camera’s stream is working on my network and I tested the connection, it was confirmed as a good connection. The next step was to disconnect the Ethernet cable and check to see if the WiFi still maintained the stream. Everything worked perfectly, the camera was connected to WiFi. The last step was changing the passwords from admin, but when I attempted that, my computer lost it’s internet connection (due to ISP failure ?). Now, whenever I try to connect to my camera, I cannot do so because the IP finder no longer discovers it. I thought that it would help to reset the camera, but when I did so, I lost my wireless connection. Is there a way to connect to wireless without the IP finder ? I feel that because of the computer losing it’s internet while the task was incomplete, that is why the IP finder does not work. Meanwhile, I have tried everything I can think of, rebooted router, computer, and camera, and tested internet connection. Any suggestions or ideas are welcome.
Mikey8s

Re: WANSCAM HW0045 P2P IP finder - HELP !

Post by Mikey8s »

I was able to solve this problem on my own. Since the IP finder wasn’t working, I tried just entering http://ip address and I was able to connect to the camera. I was able to connect camera with WiFi, but still cannot change the password from admin. I guess I can live with that for now.