Keyframe Interval on Besder 1080P camera too infrequent?

Post here to ask any questions about hardware suitability, configuration in ZoneMinder, or experiences. If you just want to know if something works with ZoneMinder or not, please check the Hardware Compatibility sections in the forum, and the Wiki first. Also search this topic as well.
warlord

Keyframe Interval on Besder 1080P camera too infrequent?

Post by warlord »

Hi,

I bought a bunch of Besder 1080P PoE cameras. They work fairly well with ZM and were very easy to set up, however for all of them I am receiving warnings that the ImageBuffer setting is too low. I have that set at 40, and it is suggesting I increase it to at least 51.

I am running at 5fps in 1080P, VBR, and, according to the Besder CMS application, I have an "I-Frame Interval" of "2" (I can theoretically set this anywhere from 2 to 12). Using ffprobe on the rtsp stream, however, shows that keyframes only come every 10 seconds (0.00, 10.00, 20.00, 30.00) -- so every 50 frames -- which is probably why it's suggesting 51?

My problem is that my ZM has 32G RAM, but I've got 30 cameras (17 of these Besders), and I'm already at 93% usage of /dev/shm. So I don't have the shared memory space to increase my buffers any more without increasing RAM, which I cannot do -- the mobo is maxed out.

So I was trying to get the keyframes to come more frequently, but as far as I can tell, changing the I-Frame Interval in CMS does not make any changes to the ffprobe results. I've tried lots of changes, rebooted camera, restarted stream, and in all cases the ffprobe results are the same. Is there some trick that I'm missing?

Has anyone else had experience with these cameras and CMS, and figured out how to get these cameras to produce keyframes more frequently? Or can I safely ignore this warning?

On a similar vein, I have the same issue with my doorbird camera, but for that I have NO IDEA how to configure it.