Newbie question first camera

Post here to ask any questions about hardware suitability, configuration in ZoneMinder, or experiences. If you just want to know if something works with ZoneMinder or not, please check the Hardware Compatibility sections in the forum, and the Wiki first. Also search this topic as well.
adamf

Newbie question first camera

Post by adamf »

Hi, apologies for the newbie quetion

I have Zoneminder all setup on Centos 7

i'm in the web GUI and have added a camera, which is a Hikvision IPC-D120H

I can view the stream fine thru the cameras web gui and also using VLC player entering the stream rtsp://user:password@192.168.0.31/Streaming/Channels/1 *user and password redacted)

When i add the camera in ZM, it adds and in console view i can see the camera but it records nothing, if i go into the camera i get a broken image placeholder and thats all

where am i going wroing ? i must be missing something :/

TIA
CountyLine

Re: Newbie question first camera

Post by CountyLine »

This forum is really for questions about cameras and capture cards, not ZoneMInder itself.

You should post this in Support under the correct subforum for whichever version of ZM that you are running, i.e., 1.34.x for the latest version. Otherwise, we don't know what kind of installation you have. You really should also include full hardware information.

Each camera (monitor) has a Function setting. This needs to be set correctly for the type of recording you want. It also has to be set to Enabled.
adamf

Re: Newbie question first camera

Post by adamf »

thanks for the help - i'll post in the correct place :)