FPS issue with Anpviz #IPC-D250W-S

Post here to ask any questions about hardware suitability, configuration in ZoneMinder, or experiences. If you just want to know if something works with ZoneMinder or not, please check the Hardware Compatibility sections in the forum, and the Wiki first. Also search this topic as well.
RonRN18

FPS issue with Anpviz #IPC-D250W-S

Post by RonRN18 »

I am brand new to ZoneMinder. I have been contemplating this for quite some time but without a setup, it has all been theoretical. I set up ZoneMinder v1.34.0 on a Dell PowerEdge R710 with dual 2.4 GHz E5530 CPUs and 32 GB RAM, running Ubuntu 19.10. I will be moving to a new house in April but wanted to plan out how I wanted it all to be set up before the move. I ordered an Anpviz IPC-D250W-S off Amazon yesterday and it arrived this morning. It is a 5MP camera. I only purchased one camera for the moment, as I am wanting to understand everything before investing in a large number of cameras. I initially set up the main-stream at 5MP (2592x1944) at 15 fps (max frame rate at this resolution) and the sub-stream at D1 or 720x480 at 30 fps. The picture quality is great in 5MP... provided there is nothing happening. The motion blur is quite frustrating. I then tried to decrease the resolution in the camera to 1920x1080 and change to 30 fps. It actually slowed to 10 fps instead of increase. It is also frustrating that when using a lesser resolution than 5MP, it just makes it a smaller picture, cropping out the edges instead of combining pixels. As I've played a little more, it seems as no matter what I do, the fps is capped at around 15-16, despite what the camera output is set to. As 5MP shows me more, at the moment, that is what I have it set to. Is there some other setting that is limiting the ability to capture at a higher frame rate? Could it be related to my main computer? The only other program installed on this machine is an IceCast2 server, which uses very little resources.

RonRN18

Re: FPS issue with Anpviz #IPC-D250W-S

Post by RonRN18 »

I found the answer to my own question... the issue was related to the bit rate. I had it on CBR (constant bit rate) but when I changed it to VBR, I got 30 fps.
Maximo1970

Re: FPS issue with Anpviz #IPC-D250W-S

Post by Maximo1970 »

I've just purchased one of the these cameras, after a little searching I've managed to get the streaming URL configured in ZoneMinder. But I'm using the same stream for both Hi-Res and Lo-Res capture, but changing the configuration within ZoneMinder to change the size.

How did you get yours configured? I'm running on version 1.34.2 of ZM. Onvif found the camera but didn't have a profile, so I had to configure manually.

Thanks

Garry