SBC suggestions

Post here to ask any questions about hardware suitability, configuration in ZoneMinder, or experiences. If you just want to know if something works with ZoneMinder or not, please check the Hardware Compatibility sections in the forum, and the Wiki first. Also search this topic as well.
marcopete87

SBC suggestions

Post by marcopete87 »

Hi all, due fan noise near my bed, recently i moved my configuration of 1x NUC5i7RYH with 16GB ram and multiple 2.5 usb3 hdd to
an mix of this pc with 2 asus Tinkerboard.
NUC is recording 2x1920x1080 IP cameras @ 20fps
Both Tinkerboard are recording 3x1280x720@10fps, each board have its usb 1TB 2.5" hdd

Changing configuration from 1x NUC to 1xNUC + 2xTinkerboard reduced power consumption of 20W.

Now, i want to go totally fanless and move to an lower consumption board (in order to keep my bedroom silent, lower electrical bill, make UPS last longer in case of power interruption and, in future, to enable system run only with solar panels + big battery).
I tested Tinkerboard, which is capable to record 1x1920x1080 camera at 8fps, but i need at least 2x10fps (i prefer 16fps).
Does anyone have any suggestion on which SBC i can use? I prefer ARM based processors, 5V supply (or 12V).
I checked 2GB ram is enough for both full-hd cameras and low buffer size (no GUI, only apache, zoneminder, samba server and eventually an mysql cluster node).

I saw Odroid XU4Q, but i didn't have found any review with zoneminder and fps capability on mocord.