Sunba 601 PTZ

Post here to ask any questions about hardware suitability, configuration in ZoneMinder, or experiences. If you just want to know if something works with ZoneMinder or not, please check the Hardware Compatibility sections in the forum, and the Wiki first. Also search this topic as well.
Condor

Sunba 601 PTZ

Post by Condor »

Anyone have success with a Sunba 601 PTZ camera? I know the camera is working because I can control it using the web interface. ZoneMinder can talk to the camera but it cannot display the image in real time. Have ZoneMinder configured for RTSP. I can see images it has save to the hard drive, but nothing in the Monitor window.
jerrynavarete

Re: Sunba 601 PTZ

Post by jerrynavarete »

What kind of configuration did you do?
minviri

Post by minviri »

Don't know if yall still need this info....
I was able to get my sunba 805 working with zoneminder.

Source Type: ffpmpeg
rtsp://admin:@x.x.x.x:554/user=admin_password=tlJwpbo6_channel=1_stream=0.sdp?real_stream
Reso: 1920x1080

PTZ:
Create a new control....
Name: sunba
Type: Ffmpeg
Protocol: Netcat
Set Move, Pan, Tilt, Zoom, Focus, Iris to on

Control Address : x.x.x.x:8899
Auto Stop Timeout: 0.15 ##change this to set how far the pan/tilt moves
mikeng

Post by mikeng »

@minviri I just bought the 405 version and was hoping to get the ptz to work with zoneminder. Can you elaborate on the PTZ part please? I looked under /usr/share/perl5/ZoneMinder/Control to add the perl script control file and the existing file is a lot more involved than what you had specified. Where did you set these and got PTZ to work. Sorry I am a new to this...thanks
mikeng

Post by mikeng »

Ok nevermind, You have to enable OPT_CONTROL is checked in Options->System of ZM first. Then restart zoneminder. Then click on the source monitor before you see the "Control" tab. This is where you make your settings. Thanks
ScottishGeek

Post by ScottishGeek »

For the Sunba 405-D20X the following works:

Try either the Control Type as "ONVIF camera" or "Netcat ONVIF" to see if the following works. The "Netcat ONVIF" setting worked for me.

General
Name: {give the camera a name}
Source Type: ffmpeg
Function: {select an appropriate function from the dropdown}
Enabled: Tick
Maximum FPS: Empty
Alarm Maximum FPS: Empty

Source
Source Path: rtsp://{ip address}:554/user=admin&password={admin password}&channel=1&stream=0.sdp?
Remote Method: RTP/RTSP
Options: Empty
Target colorspace: 32 bit color
Capture Width: 1920
Capture Height: 1090

Control
Controllable: Tick
Control Type: Netcat ONVIF
Control Device: Empty
Control Address: {ip address}:8899
Auto Stop Timeout: 1.00

The most important thing is to use the correct RTSP stream, and for the Control type, use ONVIF with port 8899.
foytech

Re: Sunba 636 PTZ

Post by foytech »

Anyone have settings for the Sunba 636? Ive got control and diag working fine, but Zoom only takes a single click and I cant stop it, seems to stay continuous. And Autofocus just doesnt work.