Looking for a good but cheap IP outdoor Cam to use with ZM

Post here to ask any questions about hardware suitability, configuration in ZoneMinder, or experiences. If you just want to know if something works with ZoneMinder or not, please check the Hardware Compatibility sections in the forum, and the Wiki first. Also search this topic as well.
mcll

Looking for a good but cheap IP outdoor Cam to use with ZM

Post by mcll »

Hi!

I'm looking for an IP camera, hope you can help me with some suggestions. What i want:
- Outdoor cam with IR upto 20-30m is enough
- HD resolution not needed
- Lowest price
- Good picture quality
- Fixed mount (not needed to move the cam)
- 10-15 fps is enough with 720x480 resolution

Please let me know exact type. Cam will be used of course with ZM.
Thanks
Regards
Laszlo
Greetings,
Laszlo

Ubuntu Server 14.04.3LTS 64bit - ZoneMinder v1.32.3 - 2x AV-Tech AVN257 IP Cam; 1x Hikvision DS-2CD2020F-I IP Cam
bb99

Re: Looking for a good but cheap IP outdoor Cam to use with

Post by bb99 »

I'm using indoor cameras outdoors without enclosures with no problems in the harshest climate available in the lower 48. Didn't have a choice to begin with and when I did (3 years later) decided it wasn't necessary at all. Just added 2 more cheapies to the mix and am betting no problems at all (we'll see).
carcachute

Re: Looking for a good but cheap IP outdoor Cam to use with

Post by carcachute »

Very happy with my Hikvision DS-CD2032-I bullet cams here. They're 3MP/1080p switchable. Got them at Aliexpress for about $85 apiece. This is the URL for the supplier I used:

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/2013-Hik ... 52584.html

The DS-2CD3312D-I is a 1.3mp turret cam (similar to a dome but without the actual dome glass) going for about $61.

It's a bit of a gamble ordering direct from China and it takes a couple weeks to arrive, but you can also find these gray-market Chinese cams on Amazon from U.S. resellers. The Hikvision firmware is excellent.