Anran VGB101-IP with ZoneMinder

Post here to ask any questions about hardware suitability, configuration in ZoneMinder, or experiences. If you just want to know if something works with ZoneMinder or not, please check the Hardware Compatibility sections in the forum, and the Wiki first. Also search this topic as well.
tduncklee

Anran VGB101-IP with ZoneMinder

Post by tduncklee »

I'm new here so I may have made a mistake earlier. I thought I posted this question but cannot find it so attempting again.

I am trying to set up a 2MP outdoor camera. I have it working with VLC with:
rtsp://192.168.0.71/user=admin&password=admin_channel=1_stream=0.sdp

However, when setting it up as an rtsp monitor in ZM, I get a black screen with various error messages in the log depending on what setting I have selected in the Source tab.

I did get it to work, though extremely poorly, by setting Source Type to ffmpg and setting the source type to the url I have above. However, it only updates the screen every 11 seconds even though it says it's displaying around 5 fps.

Can anyone give me any hints on what to try next?

Thanks!
TD

UPDATE: For other new users experiencing this. My problem is that I didn't have a problem. Somehow I missed that Chrome does not play well with ZM. I switched to Firefox and it's working perfectly.