Audio from TrendNet TP-IP121WN

Post here to ask any questions about hardware suitability, configuration in ZoneMinder, or experiences. If you just want to know if something works with ZoneMinder or not, please check the Hardware Compatibility sections in the forum, and the Wiki first. Also search this topic as well.
MakOwner

Audio from TrendNet TP-IP121WN

Post by MakOwner »

Sorry, brand new to ZoneMinder and still tryig to figure out basic setup.

I have this camera set up and have even captured video during a motion detection event.

My first question is how to also capture the audio?

Are there any basic how tos anywhere that discuss basic set up to allow internet facing access to the camera interface and lock out access to the setup area?
bb99

Re: Audio from TrendNet TP-IP121WN

Post by bb99 »

ZM has no audio capability. So can't be done for now.
MakOwner

Post by MakOwner »

bb99 wrote:ZM has no audio capability. So can't be done for now.
Are all cameras that can only do 640x480 max resolution just horribly grainy and out of focus or is it just this Trendnet that I have?
I have a TrendNet IP121WN (Which is wireless capable, but I'm using the Ethernet port) and I have a TP-LINK TL-SC3430.

The TP-Link is "megapixel" capable - well, sort of. Only at very slow framerates - 15FPS or less, but the picture quality compared the the trendnet is... well, amazingly different.
It looks like the Trendent is just horribly out of focus.
Carrier82

Post by Carrier82 »

If the trendnet seems to be out of focus, it probably is. Have you googled instructions on how to adjust focus?