cameras change zone after reboot

Post here to ask any questions about hardware suitability, configuration in ZoneMinder, or experiences. If you just want to know if something works with ZoneMinder or not, please check the Hardware Compatibility sections in the forum, and the Wiki first. Also search this topic as well.
SteveWrightNZ

cameras change zone after reboot

Post by SteveWrightNZ »

I'm sure this topic must have been done to death, but I can't find any info on it.

I have two BT878 cards with a camera on each one, and this works perfectly.

After a reboot, the BT878 cards attach themselves to /dev/video0 and /dev/video1 in a random order, and it takes a couple of reboots to get the correct camera on the correct device.

Is there some way I can force the two cards to attach themselves in a way where ZM can make sure they are connected to the right zone?

Many thanks,
Steve
Go3Team

Re: cameras change zone after reboot

Post by Go3Team »

I had a nice post all typed out but it told me I was being too spammy and had to many external links - which there were none. I must have had too many of these: / when describing devices.

Basically you need to look at udev rules. I've just figured them out on my system to get the proper source to persist through reboot.
kross

Re: cameras change zone after reboot

Post by kross »

Here's a decent writeup on how to configure udev rules:

http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Device_Filenames_and_udev

It's for MythTV (which I also use), but it applies to ZoneMinder, too.

Hope this helps!
-- Kevin