Where to buy a 3.3v PCI DVR Card in the UK

Post here to ask any questions about hardware suitability, configuration in ZoneMinder, or experiences. If you just want to know if something works with ZoneMinder or not, please check the Hardware Compatibility sections in the forum, and the Wiki first. Also search this topic as well.
Mad Professor

Where to buy a 3.3v PCI DVR Card in the UK

Post by Mad Professor »

Good Day All.

I am looking for help and advice on where I can buy a 4 to 8 Channel 3.3v PCI DVR card here in the UK.

I did buy a 8ch card from camsecure, but this ended up being a 5v card, so failed to work in my server.

My server uses a Tyan S2882-D motherboard, this uses 3.3v PCI-X slots.

The last thing I want to do is keep buying dvr cards that are not compatible with my server and or zoneminder.

Thanks for your time.

Best Regards.
kingofkya

Post by kingofkya »

i think you problem is going to be that these cards use the bttv cvhips whitch run at 5 volts so it is going to be hard to find a 3.3 volt card. My guss is you need to find one with a molex connector. I remember haveing one a while back it was sold under the brand "security eyes". However i haven't seen one in a long time.
curtishall

Post by curtishall »

Not true. Our PV- series are 3.3v
--
Curtis Hall
Bluecherry
www.bluecherrydvr.com
store.bluecherry.net
kingofkya

Post by kingofkya »

I like being proven wrong. Hopefully that helps you. :)
Mad Professor

Post by Mad Professor »

I am still having no end of problems, trying to find a 3.3v PCI DVR card here in the UK.

curtishall: Can you please telll me what models are 100% compatible,
as looking here: http://store.bluecherry.net/category_s/ ... =30&page=1 quite a number of the pictures look to be 5v pci cards.

Also do you ship to the uk, and if so how much are we looking at?
curtishall

Post by curtishall »

The PV- series cards used to be 5V only (They were keyed 3.3V and 5V, but it only worked in 5V slots). Last year we worked with Provideo on getting 3.3V cards produced, so all of our inventory is now 3.3V.

As far as shipping, the best way to get live rates is to add the card to your cart and complete the checkout process. We ship with DHL / USPS and Fedex to United Kingdom.

Thanks
--
Curtis Hall
Bluecherry
www.bluecherrydvr.com
store.bluecherry.net
Mad Professor

Post by Mad Professor »

So even the small budget PV-143 is also 3.3v

If that is the case I might as well just give up looking for a suitable card here in the uk, and buy the PV-143.

I know at the time of posting that the PV-143 is out of stock.
curtishall

Post by curtishall »

Mad Professor wrote:So even the small budget PV-143 is also 3.3v

If that is the case I might as well just give up looking for a suitable card here in the uk, and buy the PV-143.

I know at the time of posting that the PV-143 is out of stock.
Actually, I need to reword my previous answer. The following cards are 3.3V supported: PV-149, PV-155, PV-183, PV-183-16. The PV-143 is not 3.3V supported.

I checked and we have 120 PV-143 arriving on Tuesday.

Thanks
--
Curtis Hall
Bluecherry
www.bluecherrydvr.com
store.bluecherry.net