Power Requirements for 8 Channel BT878a DVR Card

Post here to ask any questions about hardware suitability, configuration in ZoneMinder, or experiences. If you just want to know if something works with ZoneMinder or not, please check the Hardware Compatibility sections in the forum, and the Wiki first. Also search this topic as well.
Mad Professor

Power Requirements for 8 Channel BT878a DVR Card

Post by Mad Professor »

Good day all.

I have just got my new High Performance 8 Channel 240 FPS Zoneminder compatible BT878a DVR card, from http://www.camsecure.co.uk/Zoneminder.html

But once fitted the server now fails to power up.

I have read that this card can be a little power hungy.

Power Supply is a SeaSonic SS-460H2U 460 Watt

+3.3v...20A
+5v.....21A
+12v1...18A
+12v2...18A
-12v....0.8A
+5vsb...2A

Motherboard is a Tyan S2882-D

Can you please advice.
camsecure

Post by camsecure »

HI

The problem of no boot when the card is fitted is usually due to the PCI slot type.

That type of card needs a 5 volt PCI slot although the notches in the board suggest it will work in a 3 volt slot. Many new motherboards have only 3 volt slots or a combination of 3 and 5 volt type. The card must be fitted in a 5 volt PCI slot or the machine wont be able to boot.

More details of this will be on the Camsecure website in the section for these cars by 9 AM tomorrow.

Best regards

LES...
curtishall

Post by curtishall »

This card is a generic / cheap card that is incorrectly keyed. You need a card that is keyed and setup for 3.3V or 5V.
--
Curtis Hall
Bluecherry
www.bluecherrydvr.com
store.bluecherry.net