login question

Post here to ask any questions about hardware suitability, configuration in ZoneMinder, or experiences. If you just want to know if something works with ZoneMinder or not, please check the Hardware Compatibility sections in the forum, and the Wiki first. Also search this topic as well.
joeinbend

login question

Post by joeinbend »

Hi all,
I'm wondering if there is a way to have some of the cameras "unsecured" and some secured? By this I mean, by default ZM has no password required to get in and view the cameras, but of course we set up user accounts to protect these feeds, and I love that you can restrict certain users to specific cameras, but can I set specific cameras to have no security at all?

The reason I ask is, I would like to embed the jpg stream into a web page, so that stream is visible, but in order to do that I have to turn off the authentication entirely, which i'm not comfortable with.

Ideas?
obagi

Post by obagi »

You can allow access to your cameras via a web page without having to allow anonymous access to your cameras. I just whipped up a simple iPhone app using PHP and javascript and my cameras are still password protected. You simply need to use PHP:cURL and supply passwords for your cameras in your PHP code:

Code: Select all

curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_USERPWD, "username:password");
kingofkya

Post by kingofkya »

add a new user set restricted cams set pass like password then set up a feed to view it see wiki

i have also answered this question 2-3 times search forum