BSTI outdoor night/day network cameras

Post here to ask any questions about hardware suitability, configuration in ZoneMinder, or experiences. If you just want to know if something works with ZoneMinder or not, please check the Hardware Compatibility sections in the forum, and the Wiki first. Also search this topic as well.
obagi

BSTI outdoor night/day network cameras

Post by obagi »

Anybody has any experience with these ? I am about to buy 5 PD100HV2 outdoor cameras. I am able to get MJPEG stream from their demo camera using
/videostream.cgi as Remote Path plus Regexp.
rtv_73

Post by rtv_73 »

obagi,

Where you able set up your BSTI cameras with ZoneMinder? I will also would like to order some but I read that their MJPEG is only accessible via ActiveX controller.

Thanks
obagi

Post by obagi »

I received 5 cameras last week for a little over $500 including shipping. Zoneminder pulls about 15fps from these cameras. They have 2 demo cameras set up online and you can configure your zoneminder to pull video from there. I was getting about 3fps when receiving video from Taiwan. The daytime video quality is really good and the night vision is also reasonable. Granted, it is not the same as Y-Cam but you get what you pay for. This is an excellent value for the money.
rtv_73

Post by rtv_73 »

Thanks for your quick reply!

I have been researching all this weekend for the best outdoor IR money can buy (under $200) and I can across these cameras. Are you happy overall with them?

You are pulling around 15fps, who good is this rate? Are you using wired or wireless setup?

Thanks again for your tips!
obagi

Post by obagi »

These are not wireless cameras, although there is a wireless version for $10 more. 15fps is more than you need. I am going to go down to 5fps once I am done with all the wiring around the house. I am overall very happy with these cameras and quite puzzled why they do not get mentioned more often, especially on a forum like this one, where many people are on a limited budget.
rtv_73

Post by rtv_73 »

Thanks! Ordering them right now :-)