looking for 4 channel USB 2.0 capture interface

Post here to ask any questions about hardware suitability, configuration in ZoneMinder, or experiences. If you just want to know if something works with ZoneMinder or not, please check the Hardware Compatibility sections in the forum, and the Wiki first. Also search this topic as well.
ghatothkach

looking for 4 channel USB 2.0 capture interface

Post by ghatothkach »

hi

I was looking for something like

https://www.pacificgeek.com/product.asp ... &C=242&S=s
USB 2.0 4-Channel DVR Surveillance Adapter

which is compatible with Lunix/NSLU2

Basically I have 4 VGA cameras and I want to use this kind of thing with the NSLU2 w debian/linux running on it to make them available on my home network.

I will then run zoneminder on another more powerful system and access the cameras on the NSLU2.

Does anyone know any such 4+ input USB2.0 adapter which works with linux on the NSLU2 ?

Ghat
boatman

Post by boatman »

I too am looking for a 4-input USB video adapter. They are easy to find, but not so easy to tell if they are compatible with Linux/ZoneMinder. I may just buy one and try it. I found some on ebay priced at $22 that look just like those at PacificGeek, see here and here.
Eclipx

Post by Eclipx »

I have been looking for a USB capture card of sorts aswell. I am currently setting up a single camera with a USB tv tuner (will post more on that tomorrow), but would like to be able to connect more than one camera (atleast 2) without adding multiple USB sticks. I have seen the unbranded model ghatothkach mentioned at a few online retailers, but haven't found any specific details to check for linux support. If anyone has had any experience with USB video capture, please help us out :)