Dlink DCS-910

Post here to ask any questions about hardware suitability, configuration in ZoneMinder, or experiences. If you just want to know if something works with ZoneMinder or not, please check the Hardware Compatibility sections in the forum, and the Wiki first. Also search this topic as well.
sef1976

Post by sef1976 »

on Setup option - Disable user control (default enable)
and it work without user/pass

/mjpeg.cgi == /vide.cgi?
kp4djt

Post by kp4djt »

That did it!! I have done everything I can do to break it and now it recovers every time... See there is always a fix, you just have to keep at it. Thank you very much, and I am sure there are a lot of others who are happy with this one until the D-Link breaks it again...

You can go and view them at this address:
www.wchast.com/zm
The DCS-910 cams are 'gate' and 'dock' soon to be joined by more. CompUSA as a whole lot of them here in Tampa for sale.
Chuck Hast -- KP4DJT --
Web site www.wchast.com
ZM demo www.wchast.com/zm
kp4djt

Post by kp4djt »

I was setting in front of the console, actually had a tail running on zmdc to see how it was working, and right in the middle of it all, there was a short power failure, power went down for about 1-2 seconds, then came back. Probably a switching artifact.

I watched to see how all of the cameras would respond as this was the big place where the DCS-910's would usually have to be manually brought back on line. Indeed I had a montage screen running on another computer, I saw all 4 sceens go black and then one by one they came back, also I saw in the zmdc tail the devices reporting a abnormal exit, followed by a restart. I believe this is a pretty clear indication that the DCS 910 issue is put to sleep with the elimination of the login, the cameras appear to recover from whatever is tossed at them just fine.
Chuck Hast -- KP4DJT --
Web site www.wchast.com
catchacold

I dont get it

Post by catchacold »

I know this thread is old -

I have read and read but I cannot figure out how to get video from my DCS-900. All I see when I click on the zone through the console is a red box were the image should be.

Then a black box on the camera with the state of idle and 0 fps

Any ideas?

TIA
kp4djt

Post by kp4djt »

I have not been back here since I got mine all up and working, but was just looking around, I saw your comment, have you tried to get to the cam with your browser? If so did you try to use the path that the browser shows to get to the video?

I will look I think I had a couple of those cams running, they were stinky to get running.
Chuck Hast -- KP4DJT --
Web site www.wchast.com
abubin

Post by abubin »

I have a few of this d-link dcs910 setup in my office however it is not using zoneminder. I was thinking of setting up a zoneminder box and came here to see how's the support of this cam and zoneminder.

Well...you guys said the quality is bad? I find the 640x480 to be quite good quality compared to Foscam which I am using at home.

kp4djt, what is the login to your zoneminder? I want to see how bad quality is your cam.
rcswrc

I got 3 foscam units and are way better

Post by rcswrc »

I got the outdoor and indoor and they have good quality and wirk out of the. box. Maybe they feel cheap but so far work great.

Foscam FI8904W Outdoor Wireless/Wired IP Ca
Foscam FI8905W Outdoor Wireless/Wired IP C
* Foscam FI8918W Wireless/Wired Pan & Tilt IP

I recomend these, i even think will keep usung these.[/i][/u]
kp4djt

Post by kp4djt »

www.wchast.com/zm
login =guest
pwd = guest

Gate, drive, rear_nw and rear_ne are the 910 cams the
mid-doc is a dcs-920. It is wireless, and appears to do
quite well.