seeing double for ports 4-15 on Kodicom 4400R card

Post here to ask any questions about hardware suitability, configuration in ZoneMinder, or experiences. If you just want to know if something works with ZoneMinder or not, please check the Hardware Compatibility sections in the forum, and the Wiki first. Also search this topic as well.
darkpaw

seeing double for ports 4-15 on Kodicom 4400R card

Post by darkpaw »

The Kodicom 4400R card's inputs for cams 4-15 you need to connect each of the 8-pin sets to the 32-pins at the top of the card. I followed the documentation for this from the Wiki:
http://www.linuxtv.org/v4lwiki/index.php/Kodicom_4400R
but I'm getting odd results. I have tried with various inputs (randomly) all the way from 4-15 and I get different results seemingly from the alignment of the sun and the planets at the time it's connected. :shock: What seems to happen the most consistently is that it will give me what looks to be a "double" of the image. I have everything set to the same settings on port 4 (for example) that I do on port 0. If I swap the cams in port 0 and port 4 (both using the same video device - /dev/video0), the camera that was not working in port 4 is now working in port 0. The problem doesn't follow the camera, it stays with the port. I have problems with every port from 4-15, it seems. I have tried two cameras on several of the ports, and the results are the same, and both cameras that do not work in the higher ports work fine in ports 0-3 with the same specs (width/height, auto, RGB565).

Ideas?

Here's a snapshot of up to port 5 from the zmu query:

Video Capabilities
Name: BT878 video (Kodicom 4400R (sla
Type: 171
Can capture
Can tune
Overlay onto frame buffer
Can clip
Scalable
Video Channels: 16
Audio Channels: 0
Maximum Width: 640
Maximum Height: 576
Minimum Width: 48
Minimum Height: 32
Window Attributes
X Offset: 0
Y Offset: 0
Width: 640
Height: 480
Picture Attributes
Palette: 3 - 565 16 bit RGB
Colour Depth: 16
Brightness: 29000
Hue: 32768
Colour :32768
Contrast: 32768
Whiteness: 0
Channel 0 Attributes
Name: Composite0
Channel: 0
Flags: 2
Channel has audio
Type: 2 - Camera
Format: 3 - AUTO
Channel 1 Attributes
Name: Composite1
Channel: 1
Channel has audio
Channel 2 Attributes
Name: Composite2
Channel: 2
Channel has audio
Channel 3 Attributes
Name: Composite3
Channel: 3
Channel has audio
Channel 4 Attributes
Name: Composite4
Channel: 4
Channel has audio
Channel 5 Attributes
Name: Composite5
Channel: 5
Channel has audio
[...]
(the other ports are the same as above)

Shared memory does not appear to be a problem (not throwing any errors). Here is a screen shot for an example:

darkpaw

bump

Post by darkpaw »

Anybody?

I tried almost tripling the amount of shared mem on the weekend, to see if that was part of it. But even with more than 2 Gig of shared memory setup now, it still does the same thing.

All ports other than 0-3. If I put the camera that is on port 4 (for example) on port 3, it works fine. It is just the ports using the "extension" part of the card.