Bug tracker request for ZoneMinder project

This is the place for any problems or issues with the website in general or the new forums in particular.
fleed

Post by fleed »

cordel: what about setting it up with sf.net or google? Even if the code is not there, or maybe just a dummy part of the code, the bugtracking piece of those sites could be used?

As for access to the svn for checkins, I agree, only trusted developers would get write access. But the rest with read access can have a look at the latest code, get fixes as soon as they're in, follow what's going on in development, etc. The way it is now I think only a select few have access to that which makes it look a bit less dynamic than it might actually be. After all, collaboration is what makes OS projects grow and surpass closed source software.

Also, my comments are just for helping improve ZM. I already like it a lot and haven't found anything nearly as good that is open source (linux or otherwise).
cordel

Post by cordel »

Actually the only thing anyone has above anyone else is a few of us have had access to 1.24.x to work out some kinks for a month or so. Other than that everything else is the same, so there really is no preferential treatment other than occasionally we get to see a package prior to the rest of the world, mostly just to test and maybe sort out any major bugs if the are any across a few distros. The rest of the time, you see the same as us and all previous versions are still available for download to view and compare the source.

The biggest problems are duplicate but the worst problem is "This is broken" with no background how to even duplicate, log entries, lspci, shared mem setting, camera settings, dmesg, or anything else at all, etc. When it is working for the rest of us, it makes it kinda hard to fix, and getting complete responses to questions is like pulling teeth some times and even worse still is when there is no response or follow up to those questions. Then the trouble report just lies there.

Before committing to source forge, lets see how it goes hosted, if it goes well then I'll talk to Phil and see what he would like to do as this is his project, I can't make those decisions.
cordel

Post by cordel »

A bug ticket system is now up at:
http://www.ctu-web.com

I have a few things to sort out then anyone will be able to login in the next day or two.
Normando

Post by Normando »

cordel wrote:A bug ticket system is now up at:

I have a few things to sort out then anyone will be able to login in the next day or two.
Looks great!
robi

Post by robi »

http://www.ctu-web.com/:
Fatal error: Cannot redeclare mosredirect() (previously declared in /home/content/c/d/e/cdelasaux/html/components/com_flyspray/compatibility15.php:75) in /home/content/c/d/e/cdelasaux/html/plugins/system/legacy/functions.php on line 342
:(
v1.25.0 + Ubuntu Linux 12.04 Server
cordel

Post by cordel »

Oops, was doing something on the website. It will work now.
Normando

Post by Normando »

cordel wrote:A bug ticket system is now up at:

Hi Cordel.
When you think we can logged in and report issues?
cordel

Post by cordel »

cordel 08 Oct 2008 23:41 wrote:There is now a bug tracker open for use. So if you find a valid unique bug, you can submit it to the bug tracker.
NO support requests on the bug tracker, that's what our forum is for.

Please make the subject as direct and still descriptive as possible.
Probably the simple way to include your system information for dmesg, log snips, zmu output, code sections, patches, etc. is to attach them as a document.

For now it can be had here: www.ctu-web.com
It been open for a while.