Streaming to an Xbox?

A place for discussion of topics that are not specific to ZoneMinder. This could include Linux, Video4Linux, CCTV cameras or any other topic.
Jiberjaber

Streaming to an Xbox?

Post by Jiberjaber »

I have been trying without much success to stream video from ZM to my Xbox(s) to use them as convientiant viewers around the house...

They're all running XBMC (M Player) but I dont think I have the syntax of the playlist entry correct...

I have been creating .stm files (based in what I found in teh XBTV files) which are detected as playlists on XBMC. In there I have been putting an URL to the ZM stream,

http://192.168.1.5/cgi-bin/zms?Zode=jpe ... &maxfps=25

Looks like XBMC prefers .asf files, any way to stream them in ZM (ffmpeg or similar) ?

Anyone else tried this ?
------
Regards,

Jason
zoneminder
Site Admin

Post by zoneminder »

If you have ffmpeg libraries installed you can stream in asf mode, though the normal Window Media Player viewer does start to lag fairly quickly.

Did you mean 'Zode' by the way? If so then it should be 'mode' obviously. To stream asfs change the mode to 'mpeg' and add a 'format=asf' url parm.

Phil
Jiberjaber

Post by Jiberjaber »

Smashing, thanks for that will give it a try tomorrow... yup I think I meant Mode ;) :)
------
Regards,

Jason
mlrtime3

Post by mlrtime3 »

You ever get this working? Streaming to xbmc?

I'd like to try this as well.
mlrtime3

Post by mlrtime3 »

Just read this thread:
http://www.zoneminder.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=3780

If we could get a python script to simply serve this mplayer url then we could get a xbmc plugin for zoneminder.

I know this is possible but I've never written a python script before.

This would also allow a cheap zoneminder client viewer for users.
sandara

Post by sandara »

Can you recommend a good video player to replace Windows media player?
Needs to be free, and as good as Media player. Media Player is not playing all of my downloaded files, I’m running XP and this is for downloaded files, not DVD’s movies.
Last edited by sandara on Mon Jun 08, 2009 6:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
kingofkya

Post by kingofkya »

for me its vlc
plays everything (even real player files as of last release

Videolan.org
newvisionantenna

Post by newvisionantenna »

The days of Xbox... Just install Zoneminder on a 2.6 Kernel Xebian install. I probably still have the precompiled Kernel along with 5 Xbox's in the cabinet that need worked on.

Heck, i've had Ubuntu running on the 360, you talk about the biggest pain to downgrade and get ahold of KK and the SDA disk. Was fun for about a week and then it got piled up with the rest of my projects. This was before I messed with Zoneminder, would have been cool to see it up and running if it would work with powerpc or whatever it is.