provideo.com.tw will be in L.V. at ICS West

A place for discussion of topics that are not specific to ZoneMinder. This could include Linux, Video4Linux, CCTV cameras or any other topic.
Doug

provideo.com.tw will be in L.V. at ICS West

Post by Doug »

ProVideo will be at the security conference next month and I plan on going and meeting with them. I was thinking that it might be an opportunity to pickup some product without all the payment and shipping hassles when this is done in Taiwan.

If there is interest, let me know. I will contact them before the show to see what we can/can't purchase.

Here is the link to their cards, camerad, and systems:
http://www.provideo.com.tw/index_S.htm

Doug
PS. I don't work for them in any way and only know of them from a posting in these forums prior to my contacting them about the products.
cordel

Post by cordel »

I would diffinatly be interested. Keep us posted on what you find out. Maybe serveral of us can get together and make one bulk order to bring the cost down and then turn them around for ZM users and such.
Cheers,
Cordel
Doug

Post by Doug »

cordel,

The idea of a group order was the intent of my original post, but a group purchase of 2 cards isn't really going to be of much help. Too bad, I would have thought there would have been more interest in this.

Page views don't count as interest in my book. Especially if getting stuck with a bunch of cards is the result. They might still be interested in selling a handful of cards at the show( if they are allowed ) so all is not lost by the lack of interest.

So, what card(s) are you interested in and have you contacted ProVideo at all about them?
cordel

Post by cordel »

I was looking at bulk order of the pv-180 and PV-149VPROA were what I was interrested in. I was going to bulk order of 200 (100 each) before I was in an traffic accident this week and someone forgot to stop with the rest of us :x I'll have to see what the cash situation is. I got as far as recieving a quote from provideo. Maybe if I forgo fixing the truck I can use the insurance money to aid in the purchace. I'm not worried about recovering the cost, should be easy.

For the time being lets say one of each unless someone knows for sure that the drivers are supported in the Linux kernel. If they are I'd could do maybe 2 - 5 each.
Target spending is $500.00 right now so I can't excead that amount.