First ZM based commercial product?

A place for discussion of topics that are not specific to ZoneMinder. This could include Linux, Video4Linux, CCTV cameras or any other topic.
rdmelin

First ZM based commercial product?

Post by rdmelin »

I haven't seen any mention of it here before, so I will point out that Linux Media Labs is offering a ZMbox DVR solution. Perhaps the first of many to come.

I was interested to note that it uses their LMLBT44 card with a patched 2.4 kernel. Starting with 2.6.3 or so support for that card is included in the vanilla kernel. Hmm.

Anyone know of any other "ZoneMinder boxes" available out there?
zoneminder
Site Admin

Post by zoneminder »

Yes. One of my friends pointed that out to me. LML haven't mentioned it (or send me any free cards :cry: unfortunately).

That's the first and (so far) only one I know about as such though I know of other people using it in-house and doing their own development on it.

Phil,
curtishall

Post by curtishall »

I've seriously looking into it. I have one setup as a test phase, car wash with 4 black and white cameras. So far so good, no big problems (i have more problems on my test box then on that...go figure 'test').

Shameless plug, I do have some extra BT878 4 port, 4 chipset (120fps) cards that I'm willing to sell for cheaper then you'll find at LML or at spectrausa. If anyone is interested email me and say you are a zoneminder user and I'll let ya know...

Phil: This includes you, and I also have tons of cameras that I'll be willing to give you a good price on since ZM is such as kick ass product :)