Getting audio recordings to work on zoneminder 1.34.16

A place for discussion of topics that are not specific to ZoneMinder. This could include Linux, Video4Linux, CCTV cameras or any other topic.
user671

Getting audio recordings to work on zoneminder 1.34.16

Post by user671 »

I posted this topic viewtopic.php?t=29517

and I thought my problem was that on that machine I started with zoneminder 1.32 which didn't support audio and upgraded to 1.34.16 which did support audio recording. I thought maybe something just didn't get upgraded right. I'd been meaning to get do a fresh install so I just reinstalled everything. I started a fresh install of zoneminder from 1.34.16. No upgrade, just a fresh install of 1.34.16. But the audio is not present in zoneminder recordings.

If I listen to my camera in VLC on a random computer in my network, there is audio. I can hear through the camera's microphone. But the camera's audio is not present in the zoneminder recordings.

The fact that I can hear it through VLC tells me the camera's microphones work fine. It has to be a zoneminder issue but I cannot figure out what. I'm wondering if there's just some obvious linux thing I forgot to do on the machine that is running zoneminder.

This machine that is running zoneminder has an AMD RX 470 in it. Do I have to go compile ffmpeg or something to make this work?
iconnor

Re: Getting audio recordings to work on zoneminder 1.34.16

Post by iconnor »

There is nothing obvious. As stated before you will have to turn on debugging and share the zmc logs.

Reposting in a different section isn't going to get you different answers.