Has anyone made TinyCam work with Zoneminder?

A place for discussion of topics that are not specific to ZoneMinder. This could include Linux, Video4Linux, CCTV cameras or any other topic.
washy75

Has anyone made TinyCam work with Zoneminder?

Post by washy75 » Mon Aug 31, 2015 11:28 pm

I am a bit disappointed with tinyCam, can't really make it work with my Zoneminder installation, even after I bought the PRO version. Searched everywhere, even in this very forum but no luck.
My problem is that I can add my Zoneminder IP address to tinyCam but can't see anything at all. I go to "Manage Cameras"/"Scan Network"/"Advanced". I type in my IP address and credentials for my ZM installation. The ZM server is added apparently fine but can't see the list of cameras I have hooked up to my ZM server. When I check "Camera Status", all I see is that there's frames being received somehow but there's a "Dropped Frames: 100%" down bellow that bugs me. The only clue I could find here in this Forum is that someone noticed Monitor ID changed every time you add a new camera, then he deleted the first monitor and tinyCam didn't work anymore. I tried going on PHPMyAdmin on the server where ZM is installed and tried to change Monitor ID to 1 but I realised all I did was to change the name for it "Monitor 1". tinyCam PRO still doesn't work! I don't normally post on forums, because normally on my searches I find the answer, but I haven't found it yet. tinyCam developer doesn't answer anything, which I find very frustrating since people like me support his work, but never mind. Hope someone else here can give me some light into my case.

P.S.: BTW, Zoneminder works like a charm on ZMView, but I find it quite boring app, and was hopefull that tinyCam would be 100% better. I am wrong so far...

asker

Re: Has anyone made TinyCam work with Zoneminder?

Post by asker » Fri Dec 18, 2015 7:11 pm

I just released zmNinja in the play store. You need ZM 1.28.107 or above.
Please don't ask me questions via PM. Feel free to post in the forums or Github

My collection of ZoneMinder learnings:
https://wiki.zoneminder.com/Various_ZM_thoughts

darmach

Re: Has anyone made TinyCam work with Zoneminder?

Post by darmach » Fri Dec 09, 2016 4:55 pm

Did you solve your issue? In TinyCam you need to select proper "channel" - its the same as camera ID in mysql table.