IP Camera Database

A place for discussion of topics that are not specific to ZoneMinder. This could include Linux, Video4Linux, CCTV cameras or any other topic.
Flasheart

IP Camera Database

Post by Flasheart »

There isn't, as far as I could find, a decent searchable database for IP camera settings on the web.

The ZM wiki is as good as it gets, but isn't laid out in a particularly friendly manner as far as re-using that info goes. Re-using for what? Possible inclusion into future Zoneminders Presets db if the devs want it, or possibly un-thought-of other ideas.

So I've written a wee bit of php over at http://digdilem.org/cameras and would welcome suggestions and additions. It's not totally finished - and not particularly pretty, but it does the job. Some basic ideas about getting mac codes eventually which could be used for lan-based camera probing too. Oh, and a basic automatic demo mode for showing how cameras should be set up in ZM.

Also - the entire DB can be exported as CSV for inclusion as whatever.

Note this isn't meant to replace ZM's wiki and I urge people to continue adding to that. My motives are simply to help people get cameras working with ZM or even other software. Due to manufacturers, it's not always as easy as it could be, so I hope this helps.
kingofkya

Re: IP Camera Database

Post by kingofkya »

Very nice I was gonna do something like this but my lazyness astounds even me sometimes.
stoggy

Post by stoggy »

how about a price column? That way you know about what kind of price you are looking at. It doesn't have to be perfect but a rough estimate helps.

I hate finding what I want only to find out it costs +$500 and i want 4 and only planned to spend $500 total.
Flasheart

Post by Flasheart »

That's a good idea Stoggy. I'll add it when I next get a mo.
kmrs75

Post by kmrs75 »

very nice that will be a huge help for me - is there any way you could add a link to view still shots

i have some for a 207w and skycam 310 i could send ya and i can get some for a d-link dcs-3220
Flasheart

Post by Flasheart »

Have now added both these fields, sorry for the delay.
kmrs75

Post by kmrs75 »

very nice but i ment still shots of what the camera sees
gjpc

Post by gjpc »

I tried to add the Edimax IC-3030Wn. to the database twice; it did not take and there were no error messages :(
Flasheart

Post by Flasheart »

*edit*

Seems I managed to break the sql syntax when I added those two fields. Sorry - should work ok now.