Requests for How/To

Add any particular hints or tricks you have found to help with your ZoneMinder experience.
stagecoach

Requests for How/To

Post by stagecoach »

Hi everyone, I have been compiling a list of simple how/to and tutorial articles aimed at the less technically orientated and end users of ZoneMinder. These are the topics which i have currently covered

How to Setup an Axis 210 with JPEG streaming
How to Setup an Axis 210 with M-JPEG (Motion JPEG) streaming
How to login to ZoneMinder
How to add a new user to ZoneMinder
How to Setup an Axis 213 with Pan-Tilt-Zoom control
How to enable the ZoneMinder user login
How to export and download recorded events
How to prepare exported events for play-back
How to play-back exported events
How to real-time view multiple monitors
How to change the montage view
How to Setup Motion Detection
How to change motion detection areas

Where i could use some help are some ideas for important topics that i may have missed. Any contribution/idea is greatly welcome.
kingofkya

Post by kingofkya »

Off the top of my head shared memory might be a good topic.
And maybe install on ubuntu or fedora they seam to be the big ones used.
PacoLM

Post by PacoLM »

Hi,

Another good topic could be 'How to access your ZM system remotely". I asked myself this question here and useful information was given to me.

Good job!

PacoLM
Pada

Post by Pada »

"How to debug ZM" is definitely a topic that would've saved me many hours...

I've now made a small shell script to install and setup ZoneMinder on Ubuntu 10.10 and it might even work on 10.04: http://www.zoneminder.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=16628
Btoo

Gentoo

Post by Btoo »

I noticed as a logged in user I can edit documentation and would like to update the Gentoo install page. Only thing is, would I be stepping all over the person who started that page?
There would be extensive editing as the Gentoo install I just did was quite different than what is posted, although there was definitely useful info.
DREMA

Re: Gentoo

Post by DREMA »

Btoo wrote:I noticed as a logged in user I can edit documentation and would like to update the Gentoo install page. Only thing is, would I be stepping all over the person who started that page?
There would be extensive editing as the Gentoo install I just did was quite different than what is posted, although there was definitely useful info.
AFAIK there's not a lot of people aditing the wiki, so you can go ahead, you can also start a new page, something like "Install on Gentoo 2010" or something like that so we can keep both guides.
Just... enjoy life! :D
kingofkya

Post by kingofkya »

Yeha there really is no maintainer for pages. we just kinda add to it as wee see fit.