IP9100A & Zoneminder

Post here to indicate any hardware you have used and which is known to work with ZoneMinder. Not for questions.
ianafh

IP9100A & Zoneminder

Post by ianafh »

Greetings,

I it possible to use the IP9100A (currently lots on e-bay) with zone minder?

Anybody tried one?

Regards
Ian.
Eklectick

Post by Eklectick »

Wow!

Hey Phil...

one of these babies with ZM embedded, flash upgradable and perhaps one of those small 80GB laptop HDs somehow in it... could be a pretty geek device wouldnt it? (not a sin on making a buck or two on the side too!)

:wink:

Regards!

BTW: I got a hit on ebay using IP 9100A (IP separated of 9100A) and checking the "Search title and description".
Lager Monster

Post by Lager Monster »

I purchased one of these IP Video 9100A’s for the purpose of using it with Zoneminder.
Its ok for a self contained unit . . . . but you do need IE to use it.
Firmware v2.32 does support other browsers like Firefox, but you cant change cameras sources.
Only one video source can be viewed at any one time, you can change the video source BUT only with IE and the units built in web interface.
I have contacted tech support asking to view all video sources directly – they have responded, in short, it cant be done.

I am about to jump in my car and return/swap the unit for something else.
Pity, It is a neat little unit. Wish it were open source.

Larger Monster.
mycal

script

Post by mycal »

I wrote a script to handle this server in PHP, theoretically it should work much better than switching the port manually as it uses round robin mode.

It still isn't fully debugged but your welcome to trying and debug the rough edges.

http://www.mycal.net/projects/9100a/9100a.tar

It seems to work except every once in a while I get a torn image. I'm trying to debug it now. But it should be able to handle any number of 9100a servers with zoneminder.

I can get a couple of FPS with multiple ports active.

-M
pase

Post by pase »

Hello everybody,

I've installed an ip9100a video server and locally it works fin over the LAN. I can access it over the wireless network ( Locally). But when I trie it to access this box remotely over the internet , i can't get any connection.
DHCP works , Dyn DNS works I can ping the box , but with the brouwser
nops. The 9100a is connected directly to an HUB and to the ADSL cable modem.
My question : Is it possible to get a real stream video over the uploadlink of the ADSL modem ( 256 Kb ). And otherwise what could be the problem here ?
cordel

Post by cordel »

Did you forward what ever port the device uses from the adsl router?
Did you configuer the device to use the port you forwarded?
Router config info/howto here.
Might want to check the manufatures website for more info.
Not many people use this device here.

Regards,
Corey
pathway

Post by pathway »

Hrm... Nice cheap analog server...

Okay, some questions for those who have one...

Since it looks like getting all four ports working at once is a bit of a problem, how does it do only using one port? even for 1 port, it's a very cheap Analog to IP server.

Image look good for 640x480? What kind of FPS do you get with only the single port and ZoneMinder? What kind of camera did you use with it?

Curious, as it may be a cheaper solution for what I'm looking at.

--Pathway
mycal

Post by mycal »

you can use one port with zoneminder no problem, it should easly do 20fps at 320x240.

you can use the php script I wrote to get all 4 channels at once with zoneminder but it puts quite a load on the zoneminder box.

I also have an experimental firmware I've built that allows you to get 4 jpgs out of the box in a reasonable manner IE:

channel1.jpg
channel2.jpg
channel3.jpg
channel4.jpg

but I haven't finished up the testing on it yet.

mycal
ampp

Post by ampp »

I have ordered one of these. It looks like a good product.

Sounds like they have improved the software and hardware earlier this year with version 2.37?

mycal wanted to say thanks for making that script. I will let you know how it works. I assume you fixed that torn image issue, or is that a caused when you request at the exact moment its writing to memory.

Seems like there are a lot of a uses for this. I will post my results when i can.
n0jcf

trouble with ip9100a.php and ZM

Post by n0jcf »

Howdy... I have a new IP9100B that I have been trying to get working with ZoneMinder. It works great it you use one camera but getting multiple cameras going is proving to be tricky. I am currently trying to use mycal's ip9100a.php script but find that ZM won't acquire images from it. If I use a web browser to hit the script, it works great-- I can pick any camera by specifying the PHP_vport= and it returns an image from that camera. However configuring ZM to use the same URL results in no image. The monitor window just shows a solid white display (although once and a while I get a totally black frame). Real puzzled over this one. Anyone have any suggestions where it might be going bad?

I've got the 2.39 firmware on the box now although I started with 2.37 I think which is what was shipped on it.

mycal, if you need a guinea pig to try your firmware, sign me up. I've been real puzzled why the unit didn't support a seperate URL for each camera out of the box.
mycal

Post by mycal »

You want to use the daemon script for zoneminder I think, it is on that site also. If you set it up to write to a ramdisk it works pretty good.

mycal
mycal

4 channel very alpha firmware is ready

Post by mycal »

4 channel very alpha firmware is ready for the 9100:

http://support.yoics.com/

for download.

Testing with zoneminder for the last few days and it has been solid.

mycal
mycal

Post by mycal »

New 9100 firmware running with zoneminder screen shots

http://support.yoics.com/screen_shot.jpg

The 2nd showing zoneminder running these same two ports.

http://support.yoics.com/screen_shot2.jpg

It should be noted that load reductin on the zoneminder box is very noticable over running my php splitting daemon from 60% cpu to 10% cpu (on my box) when substituting this firmware .

-m
zoneminder
Site Admin

Post by zoneminder »

That's pretty neat. Can you explain a bit more what you mean by 'php splitting'?
Phil