Genbolt 1080p outdoor camera.

Post here to indicate any hardware you have used and which is known to work with ZoneMinder. Not for questions.
jprainey

Genbolt 1080p outdoor camera.

Post by jprainey »

Hello all,

I am new to Zoneminder, and planning to set up a system of 4-5 cameras, mostly for security around my home, but also as a hobby project.

To that end, I have successfully created a Zoneminder server on a Ubuntu 18.04 server VM running on ESXi.

Received my first camera today, a GENBOLT 1080p outdoor bullet camera from Amazon which was touted in the reviews as compatable with Zoneminder. (I have a Foscam FI9800P on order, but, unfortunately, it is on back order)

Was able to set up the camera via a web connection, got all of the network connections done, and am happy with the image. So far, I have been unable to connect the camera to my ZM server.

Has anyone connected to this camera, and if so what settings worked?

Thanks in advance,

Jack
snake

Re: Genbolt 1080p outdoor camera.

Post by snake »

A few notes about your setup. You can start off with 1.30.4 which is the old stable, but if you want 1.32+ you might want to consider the Ubuntu 19.04 wiki install here, which gives the benefit of MP4 encoding. The encoding will offer compression and long term storage. Something to think about down the line.
https://wiki.zoneminder.com/Ubuntu

As for the camera, see http://wiki.zoneminder.com/Finding_Camera_Stream_Paths

I see a page on ispy for Genbolt, and you might also be able to get the path from a program that can do an Onvif probe. Let us know what you find out.
jprainey

Post by jprainey »

Thanks for the reply Snake, it was very helpful.

I wasn't aware of the iSpy resource, and it had the exact connect string that was required, in this case rtsp://<user>:<password>@<ipaddress>/11.

As for the setup, I am running v1.32.3. It took me several days of experimentation, but finally got a successful install on 18.04 server with that version. I tried several recipes with 19.04, but wasn't able to succeed. I will be periodically checking out the latest recommendations, but for now I am learning mode, so a working install is great.

Thanks again,

Jack
FreeSoftwareServers

Post by FreeSoftwareServers »

jprainey wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 10:51 pm Thanks for the reply Snake, it was very helpful.

I wasn't aware of the iSpy resource, and it had the exact connect string that was required, in this case rtsp://<user>:<password>@<ipaddress>/11.

As for the setup, I am running v1.32.3. It took me several days of experimentation, but finally got a successful install on 18.04 server with that version. I tried several recipes with 19.04, but wasn't able to succeed. I will be periodically checking out the latest recommendations, but for now I am learning mode, so a working install is great.

Thanks again,

Jack
Hello,

I am having trouble adding my Genbolt IP Camera to ZM. I have ZM Setup and the Camera setup. Can you give me more information on your settings? Did you use FFMPEG? What resolution/dimensions? I have been fiddling around for hours to no avail :(.
jprainey

Re: Genbolt 1080p outdoor camera - camera setup

Post by jprainey »

Hi FreeSoftwareServers,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you.

First step is to go into the camera interface and set up the network and user name.

In my case I chose the fixed ip address of 10.0.1.181, and, for purposes of this post set up a user with name "username" and "password"

I have attached screen shots of the camera settings pages.
genbolt user setup.jpg
genbolt user setup.jpg (40.2 KiB) Viewed 6655 times
Genbolt Network Setup.jpg
Genbolt Network Setup.jpg (65.32 KiB) Viewed 6655 times

Please note that I have denied internet access to all of my cameras by setting parental controls in my router. This required setting up an NTP server on the Zoneminder server to keep the camera clocks synchronized.
jprainey

Re: Genbolt 1080p outdoor camera Zoneminder setup.

Post by jprainey »

Once the camera is set up and available on the network, I entered the zoneminder source options as follows:

general settings:
Genbolt General.jpg
Genbolt General.jpg (97.64 KiB) Viewed 6655 times
Source settings:
Genbolt Source.jpg
Genbolt Source.jpg (87.16 KiB) Viewed 6655 times
Note that these settings are for a Genbolt model GB 600H

Hope this helps.

Jack