Hikvision DS-2CD2042WD-I RTSP

Post here to indicate any hardware you have used and which is known to work with ZoneMinder. Not for questions.
seanb-uk

Hikvision DS-2CD2042WD-I RTSP

Post by seanb-uk »

First post here and reporting that the Hikvision DS-2CD2042WD-I works for me under ZM 1.30 using FFMPEG and RTP/RTSP

RTSP urls are rtsp://user:password@ipaddress/Streaming/Channels/1 and rtsp://user:password@ipaddress/Streaming/Channels/2 for the main stream and substream respectively.

/video.h264 also works for the main stream.

Full resolution is 2688x1520 so it's quite a resource hog. With that stream at 20fps medium quality I'm seeing around 20% CPU use - 40% on one core for capture and about 40% on another for analyis of a single zone that's about 50% of the area (machine is a 2.2GHz i5)

This is an upgrade from my old "point a webcam out the window" method and one thing I will say about higher resolutions is that it's much, much easier to avoid false positives from minor changes in the light.
kbocek

Re: Hikvision DS-2CD2042WD-I RTSP

Post by kbocek »

I am not getting anything under ZM 1.29. I have tried libvlc and ffmpeg. I have tried your first URL and the H264 URL. Nothing in ZM.

The camera is up and accessible directly.
kbocek

Post by kbocek »

I upgraded to 1.30 but am still not getting anything in zm.

I am using your URL to access the camera and libvlc. I briefly got green status under "source" but now it stays red. I have also tried ffmpeg but still get nothing.

I see in the log:

Code: Select all

zmdc[2447]: INF ['zmc -m 8' crashed, signal 134]
Which is the monitor for the camera. Any idea what that means?
kbocek

Post by kbocek »

Discovered I had an old ffmpeg installed from RPMForge. I deleted it and installed the ffmpeg from zmrepo. Still nothing. Monitor still crashes with Error 134.

Edit:
Found a few more RPMForge packages that I deleted and replaced with zmrepo. Monitor is still crashing.
seanb-uk

Post by seanb-uk »

My ffmpeg is version 2.8.7

Can you access those URLs in VLC or similar?
kbocek

Post by kbocek »

seanb-uk wrote:My ffmpeg is version 2.8.7

Can you access those URLs in VLC or similar?
My ffmpeg is 2.6.4. It's what installed from zmrepo for Centos 6.

Yes, the URL, copied straight out of my zm config, opens and plays just fine in VLC. I restarted zm again. Same 'crashed' message.
seanb-uk

Post by seanb-uk »

kbocek wrote: My ffmpeg is 2.6.4. It's what installed from zmrepo for Centos 6.

Yes, the URL, copied straight out of my zm config, opens and plays just fine in VLC. I restarted zm again. Same 'crashed' message.
All I can suggest is that it might be the ffmpeg version then. 2.8.7 is the version in zmrepo for Centos 7, which I'm running.
kbocek

Post by kbocek »

Figured it out. Searched for Error 134 here and found a posting suggesting that you lower the number of buffers in the camera setup. I lowered buffers from 50 to 30 and the camera showed up!

This is a really hi res camera. I had already lowered the resolution to 1080p. I think I'll lower it further.
seanb-uk

Post by seanb-uk »

kbocek wrote:Figured it out. Searched for Error 134 here and found a posting suggesting that you lower the number of buffers in the camera setup. I lowered buffers from 50 to 30 and the camera showed up!

This is a really hi res camera. I had already lowered the resolution to 1080p. I think I'll lower it further.
Glad you got it sorted out. I had mine at full res, but 1080p is probably enough. Lowering the frame rate makes a huge difference as well. I sort of want to keep it at full res and max. quality though, otherwise I feel I'm not making the most of it!
frankinflorida

Post by frankinflorida »

Wow...thanks! I ran into error 134 trying to get an Engenius EDS5110 camera to work. I lowered the buffers to 30 and it worked immediately. You saved me hours of time.