ZModo ZP-IBH13-W

Post here to indicate any hardware you have used and which is known to work with ZoneMinder. Not for questions.
LongLiveFred

ZModo ZP-IBH13-W

Post by LongLiveFred »

ZModo ZP-IBH13-W

This should be a much more detailed description on the configuration, but I hate writing documentation. So this is what you are going to get. :)
NOTE: If you see [dot] in the text than use a period. If you see [forwardslash] don't type in forwardslash use a /
Am a newb on the forum and forum kept saying I was trying to post "spammy" text.

The Good:
It works
Good night vision
Good color/contrast during the day ( IR cut filter)
720p
ONVIF compatible

The Bad:
No real web interface need to use activex control or install their software (mac or PC).
Support is really bad
No info on firmware updates/etc

Summary: If you can get them cheap enough they are good cameras. I got a bunch on sale at best buy for $49.99 a piece.

Configuration - The Camera:
Install the Zviewer software for PC/Mac from Zmodo.
www[dot]zmodo[dot]com/720p-hd-wireless-ip-network-camera.html
There is really no real web interface to configure these cameras. They want you to install a stupid activeX control in internet explorer which requires you to turn off all your security etc. Forget about the activex control. Just get an old PC or mac and install the zviewer software from their website above and configure the cameras through the software. In theory could use an ONVIF config tool to do it but haven't tried.

Configure the admin account with a username password for camera.
Setup either wireless or wired side with a static IP to make your life easy.
Under "Video Settings" section set Main Stream to "Very Good", VBR and 15fps.

Configuration - ZoneMinder:
I tried this with 1.25 on Ubuntu 12.04, but am now running Ubuntu 14.04 and 1.27+ snapshot.
SourceType: ffmpeg
SourcePath: rtsp:[forwardslash][forwardslash]ADMIN:PASSWORD@CAMERAIP:10554/udp/av0_0
Remote Method: RTP/Unicast
Capture Width: 1280
Capture Height: 720
Target ColorSpace: 24 bit colour

Where ADMIN is name of the account your configured on the camera using the Zviewer software, and PASSWORD is the password.
(by default this will be admin:111111 out of the box)
So if you just used default login/password and camera comes up with ip of 192.168.1.10 this would look like:
rtsp:[forwardslash][forwardsash]admin:111111@192.168.1.10:10554/udp/av0_0
(NOTE: remove the [ ] around rtsp, had to put them there as site says I can't include URL's as a new user)

Now the camera supports dual streams, the HD stream and the QVGA stream. For the QVGA stream you would use av0_1 instead of av0_0.

The setup above will give you a 720p stream over UDP session. I had it working over TCP but it would drop out and ZM would then have to reconnect. With UDP it seems to be going strong now for 3 weeks. Camera runs well at 15fps during the day and drops back to 6-7fps at night.

Anyway that is what's working for me, your results may vary.

Cheers